Talent Coach Development
Tyne & Wear Sport is committed to offering support for coaches aspiring to work with talented athletes. Our Next Generation Talent Programme offer bispoke training to those individuals wishing to enter the talent coaching pathway. Check out the video for further information about the scheme.
The UK Coaching Talent Foundation Series workshops are designed to follow the talent pathway models that up skills, knowledge and theory around the subject matter reflected in NGB talent pathways, club athlete development and personal coach development.
The UK Coaching Talent Foundation series provides:
- practical coach development
- an introduction to critical themes in talent development
- a cross-sport community of practice for coaches through targeted information, research and discussion
- training and development programme for governing body coaches in subject areas that sit outside their common development and qualification offers
- Support to governing bodies/national organisations to identify current & future coaching talent.
- What is Talent is the first workshop in the scUK Talent Foundation Series, providing insight on what is talent and the qualities that make a talented athlete.
- A Head for Talent workshop looks at the mental side of athlete development, including growth mind set, insights into developing resilience and mental toughness.
- Talent across the ages explores the biological, psychological and social characteristics of the stages of athlete development and how these need to be considered when developing your coaching sessions.
- Getting better, better explores some of the key concepts and challenges in talent development. The workshop focuses on purposeful practice, skill development and constraints-led coaching.
For more information please contact the coaching development manager Ruth.Nicholson@tynewearsport.org