School Facilities & Planning:
Use Our School is a resource produced by Sport England to support schools in opening their facilities to the community and keeping them open.
It provides tried and tested solutions, real life practice, tips from people making it happen, and a range of downloadable resources.
To access the link, please visit the Sport England website here.
School Lettings Solutions:
School Lettings Solutions provides a comprehensive management solution for the community-use of school/academy/college facilities. Information about the company and the services they provide is detailed below:
- The UK’s number one dedicated provider of a school lettings service, working with 82 schools around the country to date and 250 staff employed around the country
- A no cost option to schools as services are funded by sharing the income generated from booking fees
- Schools facilities managed by SLS have over 5 million site visits per year during evening, weekend and school-holiday periods
- All kinds of activities take place including sport, fitness, drama, dance, music, hobby and interest groups, education, events and conferences
- Free marketing and promotion is provided for local community groups this includes flyer design, social media posting, e-marketing and website listing
- The company has over 16 years experience of managing community lettings in schools
- Key drivers for the company include their‘school comes first’ policy, partnership working (both with schools and hirers) and a passion for local communities to access high quality facilities and develop positive activities
A copy of the SLS brochure can be found here
Should you wish to obtain more information about the services offered by SLS please contact Claire Lee either by telephone 0191 497 2326 or email Claire.firstname.lastname@example.org
Case Study – Kingsmeadow Community School in Dunston
As a community-focused school Kingsmeadow were looking to re-engage with the local community when it came to developing their lettings programme and this led them to begin working with SLS in June 2013.
Before the school began working with SLS they only had a few community hirers who couldn’t always access the facilities when they wanted to and when they did so were being charged high facility hire prices to cover operating costs.
3 years on and the school has over 40 local clubs of all ages and abilities using their facilities for a whole host of activities and events. Hirers include Brazilian Soccer Schools, Gateshead Junior Netball Club, Chester-le-Street Ladies FC, Northern Storm Korfball Club and Whickham Warriors Basketball Club
After a year of working with SLS School Business Manager Maxine Webb told us “The transition to SLS was seamless and the positive impacts instant. We saw immediate improvements in both how the facilities are managed and the customer service our community receive”
Further detail on just some of the community hirers currently in place at Kingsmeadow can be found at https://kingsmeadow.schoolbookings.co.uk/whats-on