There are a number of trusts, charities and organisations across Tyne & Wear and nationally who provide grants to individuals, clubs, charities and community associations.
Below we have provided some points to consider when applying for funding.
Top Tips when applying for funding;
- Always read the eligibility criteria prior to starting an application
- When completing an application always refer to the guidance notes
- Speak to the people you want to engage; never assume they will want to take part in a specific sport or activity
- Ensure you have all the relevant supporting documents available to submit with the application
- Take into account timescales; how far in advance of the project starting do you need to submit the application
- Ask for support from both internal colleagues and external organisations
Tyne & Wear Sport is funded by Sport England to work with local organisations to get more people, more active; therefore, we provide FREE advice and guidance on funding applications of this nature. If you would like any further information or support please contact us.
Details regarding the various funding streams can be found by clicking the links below;
If you have a very specific project in mind and none of the listed opportunities are appropriate we also have access to a FREE grant finder tool which can search all available funding opportunities. To access the tool please CLICK HERE