Funding for Individuals
- Community Foundation – funding available: varies; the Community Foundation provides grants and other support to groups and individuals by matching applications to their donors’ interests. Funding available supports three broad themes: supporting people to overcome disadvantage, creating stronger communities and making the area a good place to live.
- GLL Sport Foundation (Newcastle) – funding available: varies; The GLL Foundation supports talented athletes across the UK, to be eligible athletes must live or be educated within a local authority where GLL operate or be affiliated to a club/train at a GLL facility.
- Future Sport - funding available; average £500; Future Sport Awards are given to applicants who are up and coming young, able and disabled sportspeople. Applicants need to demonstrate their potential to improve and advance in their chosen sports.
- Adam Millichip Foundation – funding available: not stated; funding available to support disabled people to participate in sport.
- Rob George Foundation - funding available: maximum £2,000; grants available to young people who demonstrate exceptional commitment and/or ability in the world of sport but may be held back by their financial situation from pursuing their goals
- The Joanna Brown Trust - funding available: maximum £1,000; grants provided to talented young athletes to help them excel in their chosen sport, the grant does not cover travel or accommodation costs. Deadline for applications is Friday 16th March.