Funding for Individuals
- Tyne & Wear Sport Coach Bursary - funding available: maximum £250; bursary is available for anyone aged 14 and over, living, coaching or officiating in Tyne & Wear. Funding is currently closed.
- Community Foundation – funding available: varies; the Community Foundation provides grants and other support to groups and individuals by matching applications to their donors’ interests. Funding available supports three broad themes: supporting people to overcome disadvantage, creating stronger communities and making the area a good place to live.
- GLL Sport Foundation (Newcastle) – funding available: varies; The GLL Foundation supports talented athletes across the UK, to be eligible athletes must live or be educated within a local authority where GLL operate or be affiliated to a club/train at a GLL facility.
- Adam Millichip Foundation – funding available: not stated; funding available to support disabled people to participate in sport.
- Rob George Foundation - funding available: maximum £2,000; grants available to young people who demonstrate exceptional commitment and/or ability in the world of sport but may be held back by their financial situation from pursuing their goals
- The Joanna Brown Trust - funding available: maximum £1,000; grants provided to talented young athletes to help them excel in their chosen sport, the grant does not cover travel or accommodation costs. Currently Closed.