Topics to include:
- This page will include the link to the active workplace games, courses and events.
- The employer info graphics can be included somehow.
- Blogs discussing the benefits of having a healthy, active workplace and tips/ advice on how to create a more active workplace.
- Instead of having three individual paragraphs discussing all of the programmes, have one report that explains active workplace on a whole. Topics to focus on in the report could include:
- Current trends in business:
- Examples of businesses that are successfully adopting an active workplace and the benefits they are being rewarded with. Hootsuite for example have a good report on their active team.
- Current issues affecting public health:
- Heart disease
- Mental Health
- How and why active workplace can improve these issues.
- Current trends in business:
Why have an Active Workplace?
Obesity, arthritis, mental health and death by weight related diseases are on the rise as people are leading a sedentary lifestyle with little or no physical activity involvement. This has significant effects of employees work performance with sick days increasing and concentration levels decreasing.
27% reduction in sick days
by physically active workers.
Top game changers
According to the NHS's latest report, 58% of women and 68% of men in England are obese. With this statistic in mind, some businesses have recognised just how vital fitness is to overall health and have incorporated fitness into the workplace.
"Fitness has become one important thread that helps tie the company and its culture together." - HootSuite CEO Ryan Holmes
Successful marketing company Hootsuite made small changes in the office to provide employees with a culture of fitness, they now have their own gym with shower facilities and even a hockey and road biking team. Changes in the workplace can be as easy as 45 minute gym classes on your lunch, running clubs straight after work before you head home or a bike to work scheme if you live close enough.
25-40% reduction in absenteeism
by promoting good health at work
Look no further
Our Active Workplace programme aims to get more people into sport and physical activity by engaging with them at their place of work. We work to encourage people to become more active by providing attractive, affordable and accessible opportunities to try new sports and physical activities, in the hope that they will find one or more that will keep them active for life.
Our Active Workplace programme is supporting local businesses to increase the levels of physical activity within their workforce. Our support is free of charge to employers and our service can be tailored to suit your needs.
A PROPOSED NEW CONTENT FORMAT FOR AW:
Our Active Workplace programme aims to get employees more active by engaging with them at their place of work. Exercise should be an investment to your health, and we provide this through opportunities to take part in activities that engage both teams and individuals, into the beginning of creating an active lifestyle.
Whilst supporting local businesses, the programme aims to improve physical activity levels and provide a chance to strengthen workforce through team events.
Click on the below icons to find out more about the Active Workplace Programme:
Active Workplace Courses
Active Workplace Events
Active Workplace Games