Funding Opportunities – Educational Establishments
There are a number of trusts, charities and organisations across Tyne & Wear and nationally who provide grants to educational establishments.
The majority of funding available however needs to be used to deliver outside of curriculum time and beyond a schools statutory responsibilities. Most funders will not support activities which the government has a legal obligation to fund.
If you are unsure if your project would be eligible please contact us and we would be happy to discuss this further with you.
Top Tips when applying for funding;
· Always read the eligibility criteria prior to applying
· When completing an application always refer to the guidance notes
· Speak to your students, never assume they will be interested in a specific sport or activity
· Ensure you have all the supporting documents available to submit with the application
· Take into account timescales; how far in advance of the project do you need to submit
· Ask for support both internally and externally
We are funded by Sport England to work with local organisations to get more people, more active; therefore we provide FREE advice and guidance on funding applications of this nature. If you would like any further information or support please click here.