The Tyne & Wear Sport School Sport Bursary exists to help teachers and other personnel to deliver more and better sport and PE in schools in the curriculum and before/after school. The scheme will provide up to £300 of funding to support individuals to improve their knowledge, experience and qualifications to deliver sport and/or PE in schools.
Whilst all applications to the bursary scheme that meet the eligibility criteria will be considered, priority will be given to those applying for support to obtain:
· A national governing body (NGB) coaching or leadership qualification
· An educational specific sport coaching or leadership qualification
· A generic qualification related specifically to PE and school sport
· Examples of the above qualifications can be downloaded at the bottom of this page.
The bursary window is now OPEN, deadline for applications is Friday 5th May 2017
Conditions of the Bursary:
1. The applicant must be delivering or planning to deliver sport / PE in one or more schools within Tyne & Wear.
2. Confirmation from a Head Teacher that the applicant is currently delivering or is intending to deliver sport / PE in their school.
3. Successful applicants will be required to deliver and record via the online Tyne & Wear Sport Skills workforce directory a minimum of 10 hours of sport / PE in one or more Tyne & Wear schools.
4. In most cases payment of the bursary will be made when the course has been completed and copies of all certificates, and a receipt for the course fee, have been received.
5. Applicants can apply for up to 75% of the total cost of the course (up to a maximum of £300). You must declare any other bursary funding you are in receipt of that will support your chosen course.
6. Applications will be assessed on an individual basis.
7. You will be notified within 3 weeks of any application deadline whether or not you have been successful.
Please click on the link to start your application, https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/schoolsportbursary
For more information please contact Claire Lee on (0191) 4972326