The School Games is an exciting, multi level competition for school children in England.
The Games are designed to build on the magic of 2012 to enable every school and child to participate in competitive sport including meaningful opportunities for disabled youngsters.
The competition is made up of four stages - intra school, inter school, county festivals and national finals - and is made up of a host of different sports.
Nationally and locally the School Games is being delivered through partnerships with more than £128m of Lottery and Government funding being invested to support the School Games. At a local level the School Games will be delivered by schools, School Games organisers, Tyne & Wear Sport and other local partners.
The Tyne & Wear Local Organising Committee, which is chaired by the Head Teacher of Farringdon Community Academy who is responsible for overseeing the county festivals.
The School Games Review can be found here.
To view the School Games gallery from past events, please click on the links below:
- School Games Gallery - February 2016
- School Games Gallery - March 2016
- School Games Gallery - July 2016
- School Games Table Tennis Gallery - December 2016
- School Games Y9/10 Sportshall Athletics Gallery - January 2017
- School Games Y5/6 & Y7/8 Sportshall Athletics - January 2017
- School Games Parallel Challenge - January 2017
- School Games KS3 Badminton Finals - January 2017
- School Games KS4 Badminton Finals - February 2017
- School Games U13 & U15 Girls Handball - March 2017
- School Games U13 & U15 Boys Handball - March 2017
We would welcome feedback about the School Games programme - please click here to provide it.